Making a Great Home Better.
You found an incredible home in a great community. Now it's time to make it perfect by adding the personal touches and home design ideas that celebrate your own style and personality. It's all your choice, from flooring, countertops and cabinets to paint colors and appliances.
The process of selecting your design options is fun, but it's also critical to making sure your household gets everything you or your family needs. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind during the selection process.
- Make a wish list with pictures that reflect the look and feel you like.
- Know which selections are standard for your home and which may be extra-cost optional features.
- Consider the best choices for your lifestyle. Turning a bedroom into an office? Maybe additional outlets or wiring would be useful. Entertain often? Additional ceiling fans might be useful to ensure a comfortable crowd. Have pets? Stain-resistant carpet might make life easier.
- Think ahead about colors, cabinet finishes, appliances, countertops, plumbing fixtures and flooring. These elements can set the basic style and tone of your new home.
- Bring cushions, swatches or photos of your key furniture pieces to coordinate colors.
- Consider maintenance requirements of certain materials you are considering, like flooring, countertops, etc.
- Expect variations. With any handcrafted work of art, science, natural materials and personal craftsmanship you can expect items you select to vary somewhat from the model and other homes in the area.
After purchasing your home, it might be helpful to review your Homebuyer's Guide (7.5 MB) for additional information prior to making your selections.
- Atlanta, GA